Chemtronics Foamtip Swabs
Foamtips™ Swabs are constructed from medical grade foam which features the best open cell structure, providing excellent particle entrapment characteristics. The foam is thermally bonded to the swab handle without using adhesives. These foam swabs are ideal for general cleaning applications.
CLICK HERE FOR SWAB SELECTION GUIDE
Features & Benefits
- Precision cleaning swabs with polyurethane foam head
- Purest medical grade foam
- Traps surface particles while cleaning
- High solvent capacity; holds solvent well
- Fiberless construction does not generate loose fibers or particles
- No adhesives or binders are used in the construction
- Economical for high quantity applications
- Clean excess adhesives after gluing
- Clean micro-mechanical devices
- Remove Flux residues from printed circuit boards
- Apply small precise quantities of adhesive or lubricants
|Call-outs||IBM - 55G6977|
CF2050 - 6515-01-594-7427
CF4050 - 6616-00-077-3218
|Shelf Life||5 Yrs|
Are swabs available for cleaning static sensitive electronics?
Yes, Chemtronics offers a full line of ESD swabs. They include foam, knit polyester, or knit microfiber heads with static dissipative handles. The proprietary handle material has surface resistivity of 1.0 x 10_10 ohms/sq, and will dissipate 99% of (5 kV) charge in 0.5 seconds. This avoids static generation, and can dissipate a charge when the user is grounded.
Are Q-tips / cotton bud swabs lint free?
No, cotton bud swabs (aka Q-tips) can’t be considered lint-free. Cotton tends to lead behind threads and particulates. Open cell polyurethane foam swabs are a common, very clean replacement for cotton. If harsh solvents are being used on the swabs, or even more cleanliness is needed, knit polyester or microfiber swabs are an excellent choice.
What is a foam swab? / Why should I use a foam swab?
While cotton bud swabs (aka Q-tips) are commonly used for all kinds of precision cleaning, foam swabs are commonly used to reduce contamination from cotton threads and particulates. Foam swabs are usually made of open cell polyurethane for maximum cleanliness and absorbency. Foam swabs are usually made of open cell polyurethane for maximum cleanliness and absorbency.