Chemtronics Microtip Swabs
Microtips™ are designed for precision applications needing pinpoint accuracy. The tapered porous polyvinylidene fluoride tip is effective as a stylus or pick for areas with tight tolerances. The tip is attached to the handle without the use of potentially contaminating adhesives or glues. These swabs are ideal for adhesive and lubricant application.
CLICK HERE FOR SWAB SELECTION GUIDE
Features & Benefits
- Porous polyvinylidene fluoride-tipped precision cleaning tools
- Low in extractables and low particulate levels
- Compatible with most solvents, adhesives, coatings, and inks
- Tapered 1.925 mm tip can be used as a stylus
- Assembled without adhesives or glues
- Total Swab Length: 17.0 cm
- Head Material: porous polyvinylidene fluoride
- Head Width & Length: 1.93 mm x 15.7 mm
- Handle Material: Polypropylene Handle
- Width & Thickness: 3.3 mm x 3.3 mm
- Excellent choice for dispensing and dispersing solvents, adhesives, and primers
|Shelf Life||5 Yrs|
Are swabs available for cleaning static sensitive electronics?
Yes, Chemtronics offers a full line of ESD swabs. They include foam, knit polyester, or knit microfiber heads with static dissipative handles. The proprietary handle material has surface resistivity of 1.0 x 10_10 ohms/sq, and will dissipate 99% of (5 kV) charge in 0.5 seconds. This avoids static generation, and can dissipate a charge when the user is grounded.
Are Q-tips / cotton bud swabs lint free?
No, cotton bud swabs (aka Q-tips) can’t be considered lint-free. Cotton tends to lead behind threads and particulates. Open cell polyurethane foam swabs are a common, very clean replacement for cotton. If harsh solvents are being used on the swabs, or even more cleanliness is needed, knit polyester or microfiber swabs are an excellent choice.