Electro-Wash PX Cleaner and Degreaser
Electro-Wash® PX is a fast drying, one step precision cleaning and degreasing agent safe for most plastics. Engineered with very low surface tension, this high pressure aerosol formulation flushes areas clean and evaporates instantly leaving no residue.
Features & Benefits
- Safe on plastics
- Extra cleaning strength
- Dries fast, leaves no residue
- Removes organic and ionic soils
- Aerosol utilizes All-Way Spray valve; sprays in any direction
- Liquid may be used in cold dip and rinsing applications
- Removes oils and hydraulic fluids from mechanical assemblies
- Cleans handling soils from circuitry before reassembly
- Removes grease from assembly lines
- Cleans fiber optic connectors
|Shelf Life||5 yrs. unopened and 2 yrs. opened|
|Shipping Name||Flammable Liquid n.o.s|
Is there something I can do with the extension tube (straw) so it doesn’t get lost?
The red cap on Chemtronics aerosol products like flux removers, degreasers, and Freeze-It Freeze Spray has a notch on the top. That is engineered for the straw to snap in and hold into place so you don’t loose it. The aerosol trigger sprayers that are common on dusters, freeze sprays, and flux removers, have two ways to store the straw when not in use. The hole at the back of the body of the sprayer is just the right size for the straw to slide into place for storage. The slot below the trigger is also the right size for the straw to snap into place, which also has the advantage of locking the trigger.
Should I use gloves when using a degreaser?
Yes, it is a good idea to use gloves when degreasing. The solvents used in degreasers do a great job at breaking down greases and oils, which also happen to exist in health skin. If your hands are exposed to a degreasing solvent for enough time, oils will be drawn from your skin leading to “defattening”. Your skin will become very dry and you could eventually develop dermatitis, which looks more like a rash. In addition, some solvents like N-Propyl Bromide (nPB), Trichloroethylene (TCE) and Perchloroethylene (Perc) are highly toxic, so can be absorbed through the skin and cause issues like cancer, or impact liver or kidney function. Please wear gloves and other PPE as required.